Imaginif prompts for daily writers.
If you wish to join the Writers Prompt Daily simply use the below photo (changes daily) as a prompt and post a short story, poem or paragraph to your blog. Leave a comment and your link here so that all participants can come to you and read/comment/encourage. Stories below are copyright and are Megan Bayliss' writing around the below daily picture prompt.


Lesbians don't have long hair

My weekly art therapy group friends gathered out the front of the property to admire my most recent sculpture. I had just finished painting and was still in the tell-tale artist's overalls and had my long hair tied up in a bun.

The pretty little thing with the flawless skin and worries not much more than having a dead cat, clasped her hands behind her back, cocked her head in a quizzical way and asked, “What is it?”

“I call it; You get what you ask for.”

A few of the group looked at me, suspiciously, and with complete unawareness written over their blank faces. Yet others laughed heartedly (they were the women I really liked) until a little wee squished out. Some poor morons walked around the piece and examined it from all angels of light, linguistics and symbolism.

“What does that tell us about our lives though,” asked the pretty little thing again. She took group therapy so seriously. She was the one who always did her homework, always arrived relaxed and perfectly dressed and cringed when any of the women swore. I liked the women that swore. They were normal. Pretty little thing fell far short of the mark of normalcy.

I considered telling her she was a complete dickhead but one thing the group had taught me was tolerance: tolerance of dickheads.

“When I was a child,” I began in my story song voice, “my favourite fruit was Mango. We lived in a farming part of Queensland, a place were Mango farms sold their produce at honesty stalls. I couldn’t pass one without crying out, mango, mango.”

I shrugged my shoulders and indicated end of story. “I got what I asked for and hence I dedicate my sculpture to this lesbian community.”

“I don’t get it,” she screwed her pretty little nose up, narrowing her eyes and indeed looking anything but pretty. She looked more stupid, more like they way she acted. At least she was coordinated.

I started to walk away, but I reconsidered. That frickin’ therapist had finally gotten to me: to get different results you must do something different.

My difference today was to help pretty little thing get the link.

Patiently and with a raised intonation at the end of my sentence to indicate a question of whether she was capable of understanding, I slowly pursed, “Man-go, man go. I am a lesbian?”

“I don’t know?” came her cute response. “I don’t think you are a lesbian. You’ve got long hair.”

Sometimes difference and patience just aren’t worth it.



If you wish to join the Writers Prompt Daily simply use the above photo as a prompt and post a short story, poem or paragraph to your blog. Leave a comment and the link here so that all participants can come to you and read/comment/encourage. Story above is copyright and is Megan Bayliss' writing around the above picture prompt.

7 Response to "Lesbians don't have long hair"

Sammi said...

Everyone knows you don't tell lesbians by the length of their hair, but by the length of their fingernails!

Megan Bayliss said...

Sammi, you are disgustingly filthy. I have missed you. Welcome back

Julie G said...

Oh Megan I am impressed a straight women (using labels) that thinks like a lesbian. whoop whoop.
Funny thing is I have always said mango's were the fruit of lesbians. Not many people I said that to got it either.

Excellent, Bravo...oh and yes I have short hair and short nails...does that make me a filthy lesbian too....

Unknown said...

Long hair and short nails ... not sure what that makes me lol. I do know that I looooooove mangoes though ;-)

Procypher said...

Im impressed. I dont believe Ive met anyone who knows as a lot about
this subject as you do. Youre truly nicely informed and really
intelligent. You wrote something that folks could recognize and
created the subject intriguing for everybody. Truly, excellent blog
youve got here.
Buy Led in lahore
Buy electronics in Lahore
Buy AC online In lahore
buy home appliances in Lahore
buy haier ac online

Unknown said...

My life is back!!! After 3 years of broken marriage, my husband left me with three kids. I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide. Thanks to Doctor Ehimen who i met online as i was browsing through the internet, I came across allot of testimonies about him. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, he restores womb, stop divorces, cure cancer and other sickness. I also come across one particular testimony by Sarah who lives in Finland saying how he brought back her Ex husband after 3 years of divorce. After reading all these, I decided to give it a try. I contacted him and explained my problem to him. In just 12 to 16 hours, my husband came back to me pleading and we resolved our issues and we are even happier than before. Doctor Ehimen is really gifted and i will not stop publishing about his good works. If you have any problem, contact him now for he might be the answer to your problems. Email: ( Doctorehimenspelltemple@hotmail.com )

Jason Bennett said...

Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

 
powered by Blogger