Imaginif prompts for daily writers.
If you wish to join the Writers Prompt Daily simply use the below photo (changes daily) as a prompt and post a short story, poem or paragraph to your blog. Leave a comment and your link here so that all participants can come to you and read/comment/encourage. Stories below are copyright and are Megan Bayliss' writing around the below daily picture prompt.


My wedding vow

Paul, I call upon the natural elements present, the ancestors of the traditional owners and all our friends and family with us today, to hear the raw honesty of my vow to you:

Darling, my friend, my desire; consider this a star chart that you may seek sail from at any time.

I love you stars and moons and will until I embrace the end of our immense universe.

You are my light and my darkness, my breeze and my cyclone, my ocean and my land, my storm and my rainbow: what better balance of nature could I hope for.
I give to you something that I have never given to anyone else: my true self, alone and adrift on the single, set, cell of a map, never to be investigated by anyone else.

This is the least and the most that I have to give to you. Nobody has ever discovered this place before and I have worked hard to keep it protected from the pirates of life.

I PROMISE that I will let you in to my most private quarter: the Captain's Cabin that is sacrosanct to all but the solitary salty dog seeking a palace of peace from a weather beaten existence. You are the only sailor ever allowed into my space: my fellow captain.

Even when my cabin walls are reinforced with cemented silence and cyclone bolts, I will call on the elements to tear them down and assault me with the terrifying rage of knowing there's nowhere to hide. I will see your image and allow you to remind me.

Forever more I seek my shelter in your wind of change. I will turn my face to the stinging salt spray that puffs my eyes and sniffs into my soul. I will stand up, strong, against the craggy, barren, wind swept, lonely horizon in the distance that has become so familiar to me that I have over identified with it and consciously become it: distant and solitary. Its comfort even seduces me now: show nothing, protect your inner self, beware of the rocks and go further out to sea, no one must enter. This pain of change, this song of the sea meets land, will be our rainbow.

I feel vulnerable sharing my inner thoughts. I will feel exposed when I begin to verse you of my intense fear, yet malnourished bravery, in allowing you into my most private space. I ask of you gentle reminders and acceptance of my truth as the gang plank away from the rocking ship and back toward the rain bowed horizon that encompasses people. However vulnerable I feel, you, Paul, are welcome in my space.

This is my promise to you.

Now can I have some Mungalli Cheese cake? They look bloody delicious!


If you wish to join the Writers Prompt Daily simply use the above photo as a prompt and post a short story, poem or paragraph to your blog. Leave a comment and the link here so that all participants can come to you and read/comment/encourage. Story above is copyright and is Megan Bayliss' writing around the above picture prompt.

17 Response to "My wedding vow"

Julie G said...

Oh Megan, thank you for sharing your wonderful vows.
A vow that I see you envelop in your life.

As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words, and you show everyday, you are free of inhibitions.
Inspiring!!

Now, lets eat cake.


http://thelittledunpony.blogspot.com/2010/07/coffee-and-cake.html

Megan Bayliss said...

I know I am slack for not writing something new today but I just can't seem to get my time groove back. However, I wrote my own vows so therefore that counts as an allowable piece of practice writing!!!!

Unknown said...

Those vows are just incredible! personal, powerful and so very romantic. Thank you for the post :-)

Elvirah said...

Awesome! Your vows to your beloved, Paul, are so beautiful and touching. Wedding vows are forever to remember and keep up with the partner and these lines of yours are amazing.

εξωσωματικη γονιμοποιηση said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautifull article!!! Keep the good work

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Does anybody help me to find out most beautiful and unique wedding venues which will decorate with beautiful colorful flowers?

wedding photographers in castle hill said...

Such a beautiful article....worth a read!!

Elizabeth Alexandra said...


Hi everyone! Dr Unity is the best spell caster to help fix your broken relationship or get your Ex-Lover back fast,Read my testimony and contact him now:Unityspelltemple@gmail.com.
My ex and i had been to gether for 3 years. We both are mature adult (i'm 33 and he is 44). I broke up with him at the end of January because of the constant quarrels and unmet emotional need. Not long after, he found out that during the period, i met a guy friend whom i contacted pretty often because initially i was looking for advice from male perspective. My ex was desperate and begged me to be back with him for 3 weeks in February. He told me that he knew where he had gone wrong and willing to change. I rejected him but told him that i need time and space to think about it. I was considering to give him that chance. On the last week of February, he begged me for the last time. Few days after when i wanted to get back to him, he told me that he found someone else (a girl in vietnam from vietnam dating website) and that he did not want to get back to me anymore. I was so upset but thought that nothing much of it. We still keep in contact once in awhile thereafter but i didn't beg him anymore. 3 weeks after, i found out that he had flown to vietnam to meet the girl. Yesterday i found out as well that he posted pictures of them on Facebook (he unfriended me but his friend told me about the pictures). I was devastated. The new girl looks alot like me! Plus knowing how well he cares about his image to be the good guy, it took a great deal of thoughts to post those photos knowing that people knew he just break up with me... is what he has a rebound? What do i do to get him back? I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Unity can help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I'm so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage. Simply contact the great "Dr.Unity" If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,you can also visit his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

“GET YOUR EX BACK”website:https://medium.com/@jessicastephen22/best-spell-caster-to-help-fix-your-broken-relationship-or-get-your-ex-lover-back-fast-through-the-546ddeabe3b8

Olivia Stephen said...

Urgent effective love Spell caster to help you bring back ex lover & save you marriage fast! CONTACT: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online and his result is 100% guarantee..I'm Olivia Stephen from North Carolina.
After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 , you can also visit his website: https://urgentspell.blogspot.com .

Cara Membuat Pupuk Organik Cair said...

the cakes looks really good!

Unknown said...

Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Sabrina Jakes from Switzerland about a spell caster named Dr Isikolo. I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr Isikolo helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr Isikolo for help. Dr Isikolo assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 12 to 16 hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr Isikolo did for me. Contact him today via E-mail: Email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com. call or Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

Jason Bennett said...

Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

Sandra Filipova said...

I got a divorce from my husband when I was six months pregnant with my second child. We had been arguing and quarreling nonstop since the day our first child was conceived, no love nor trust from him anymore so he divorced me. And all these whiles, I have been trying all different means to get him back, I also tried some different spell casters here in my country, but none of them could bring Richard back to me. It was only DR ISIKOLO who guaranteed me an urgent 48 hours spell casting, and he assure me that my husband will be with me again. I am writing to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you for keeping your promises, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back home. I was thrilled to know that you are specialized in reuniting Lovers. My husband is back and promise never to leave me again. If you doubt his ability, trust me. You should take a chance. It pays off in ways you could never even imagine. kindly contact DR ISIKOLO right now he is the only answer to restore your broken relationship or marriage. email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com or his WhatsApp: +2348133261196.

ELIZABETH ROMERO said...



How To Get Your Ex Lover/Partner/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Wife Or Husband Back

I was married for 16 years to a loving mother and wife. We had 2 children together who are now 11 & 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to OYINBO for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with OYINBO my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family. I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what OYINBO did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can communicate with OYINBO through the below in formations.


Whats App/call/text: +2348074066640
Email:PROPHETOYINBOJESUS@GMAIL.COM



Shannon Mattingly said...

Have you lost hope in your relationship, do you think your partner is cheating?.
I'm a USA woman. I am not sure I could have done it without you. I contacted a real spell caster that helped me change my husband’s heart to love and want me again, and he really did and now we are very happy together. My husband left me for another woman, This was just 3 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster called dr unity, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 11 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to dr unity . if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity for help now..
Here his contact..WhatsApp him: +2348055361568 ,
Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
His website:https://reallovespell.wordpress.com

Redha soyan said...

I'm Redha Soyan, Out of respect for you and your spells I must make this testimony known to all, I've been to other spell casters without seeing any result. I just wished I came to you earlier, I got the best from you. My ex husband was gone for a year and I went everywhere and other spell casters for help but no result until my friend introduced me to Dr. Ken After the Love Spell was done, I finally got a call from him. His spells worked wonders and my husband is back full of love. It's a miracle! He suddenly came back with flowers saying that i should forgive him, i was truly flabbergasted and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I'm really short of words and joyful, you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now I am a joyful woman once again. Thank you so much Dr. Ken. To everyone who is looking for a real spell caster should contact Dr. Ken On Drkenlovespell@gmail.com OR you can also reach him directly on his Whatsapp +1(201) 992-1012.

Unknown said...

Effective powerful love spell to get your ex Lover back now, Check on DR ISIKOLO. I have just experience the wonders of Dr.Isikolo love spell, that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people on how he helped to bring my ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 8months ago, and left home with all i had. DR ISIKOLO only told me to smile 3 times and have a rest of mind he will handle all in just 48 hours, After the second day Toni called me, i was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldnt believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to prove his love for me. i was so happy and called DR ISIKOLO and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world. Well if you need an effective and real spell caster for any problem in your life you can contact DR ISIKOLO his email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on +2348133261196.

 
powered by Blogger